New Results in Dendritic Crystal Growth
Crystal growth experiments have led, for a few years now, to clarify the characteristics of the dendrites from both the geometrical and dynamical points of viewl. In the present study, we test the classical results concerning crystal shape selection in new physical situations: (i) when there are facets along the flanks of the dendrite, and (ii) in the presence of a controlled hydrodynamic flow around the crystal.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.See for instance S.C. Huang, M.E. Glicksman, Acta Metall. 29, 717 (1981); A. Dougherty, J. P. Gollub Phys. RevA (to be published).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Maurer, P. Bouissou, B. Perrin, P. Tabeling, Europhysics Letters (to appear, 1988 ).Google Scholar
- 3.P. Bouissou, B. Perrin, P. Tabeling, Preprint 1988Google Scholar
- 4.M. Ben Amar, P. Bouissou, P. Pelcé, to appear en J. Crystal Growth (1988);Google Scholar
- M. Ben Amar, Y. Pomeau, to appear in Europhysics Letter (1988).Google Scholar