A Neutron Scattering Study of the Kinetics of Phase Separation in Mn1−xCux
Although the kinetics of first order phase transitions1 have been of keen interest to the theoretical and numerical simulation physicist for at least ten years, the experimental status of this field is not mature. The most informative experiments must measure the appropriate time dependence of spatial correlations in a system which has been rapidly quenched from a temperature well above its ordering temperature to a temperature at which its equilibrium state displays order. Such time resolved studies are inherently difficult.
KeywordsLate Time Dynamic Scaling Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute Crossover Regime Neutron Scattering Study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. D. Gunton, M. San Miguel, and P. S. Sahni in “Phase Transition and Critical Phenomena,” C. Domb and J. L. Lebowitz (editors), Vol. 8, Academic Press, London (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.B. D. Gaulin, S. Spooner, and Y. Morii (submitted for publication).Google Scholar
- 3.J. M. Vitek and H. Warlimont, Metal Science, 7, January (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.N. Cowlam, Metal Science, 483, October (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.B. D. Gaulin, S. Spooner, and Y. Morii (to be published).Google Scholar
- 10.D. A. Huse, Phys. Rev. B 74, 7845 (1986).Google Scholar