Static Crystal Field for Orthohydrogen Impurities in Parahydrogen
Ortho-para mixtures of solid hydrogen show a number of unique and interesting properties which have been the subject of numerous investigations during the past decade or so. Among these are measurements of the energy level Splitting of the triply degenerate J = 1 rotational State of dilute mixtures of orthohydrogen in solid parahydrogen. In the environment of neighboring molecules with rotational quantum number J = 0, the triply degenerate J = 1 State is split. This Splitting is observed in the NMR spectrum and depends on the ortho hydrogen concentration x [1–3].
KeywordsCrystal Field Rotational State Solid Hydrogen Crystalline Field Crystal Field Strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.N. S. Sullivan and R. V. Pound, Phys. Rev. (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.A. B. Harris, Phys. Rev. B1, 1881 (1970); Phys. Rev. B2, 3495 (1970).Google Scholar
- 11.R. Bullough and V. K. Tewary, in Interatomic Potentials and Simulation of Lattice Defects, P. C. Gehlen, J. R. Beeler, Jr., and R. I. Jaffee, editors, Plenum Press, New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 13.A. A. Maradudin, E. W. Montroll, G. H. Weiss and I. P. Ipatova, Theory of Lattice Dynamics in the Harmonie Approximation, 2nd edition, Supplement 3, Solid State Physics, Academic Press, New York (1971), p. 353.Google Scholar
- M. L. Klein and T. R. Koehler, Phys. Lett. 33A, 253 (1970).Google Scholar