Production Experience with Hydrostatic Extrusion of Copper Tubes
Plastic forming is one of the oldest forming methods. Because of the increasing cost of raw material and energy it is highly appropriate to look for new developments in raw materials and for energy-saving plastic-forming methods to be applied to production. An example of one development is the application of hydrostatic extrusion in large-scale production .
KeywordsReduction Ratio Copper Tube Extrusion Press Hydrostatic Extrusion High Extrusion Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Johannisson, Machine Moderns 11, 20 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Robertson, British Patent No. 19,356 (October 1893); US Patent 524, 504 (1894).Google Scholar
- 3.H. T. Larker and J.O.H. Nilsson, in Proc. of NEL/AIRAPT Intern. Conference Vol. 1, University of Stirling (June 1973), p. 1.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Hogland, S. Friborg, and D. Ermel, “Hydrostatisches Strangpressen von Profilen und Rohren aus NE-Metallen,” Metall. 15, 515 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.K. Zander and T. Johannisson, paper E-4-C presented at 6th AIRAPT Intern. High Pressure Conference, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, July 25–29, 1977.Google Scholar
- 6.H.LL.D. Pugh, “Recent Developments in Cold Forming,” Bulleid Memorial Lecture, III A and B (1965).Google Scholar