Impact Resistance of Single Crystal and Polycrystalline Man-Made Diamonds
The objective of this study was to provide an experimental basis for assessing the erosion resistance to high velocity particulate matter of single crystal and polycrystalline synthetic man made diamond materials. Single particle impact testing within the following parametric envelope was selected to provide the empirical erosion resistance data sought.
KeywordsNatural Diamond Synthetic Diamond Polycrystalline Diamond Single Crystal Diamond General Electric Company
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Behrendt, “Parameteruntersuchengen on Gliegwerk stotten im Geschwindigkeitsbereich bis 1000 m/s,” paper presented at 4th Inter. Rain Erosion and Allied Phenomena Conference, May 1974.Google Scholar
- 2.O. Engel, J. of Res. NBS 64A, (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Rubin, Aerospace Corporation, private communication.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Chrenko, and H. Strong, “Physical Properties of Diamond,” General Electric Company, Rept. No. 75 CRD 089 (October 1975).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Flom, et al., “Diamond Compact Drawing Dies,” General Electric Company, Rept. No. 75 CRD 026 (March 1975).Google Scholar