Plastic Deformation Behavior of a Brittle Material under High Pressure and High Temperature
Ductility of materials increases generally with increasing temperature or hydrostatic pressure. Therefore, brittle materials under ordinary environment are expected to become ductile under sufficiently high pressure and high temperature.
KeywordsHydrostatic Pressure Fracture Stress Brittle Fracture Applied Pressure Brittle Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A.Oguchi, Trans. NRIM 12, 182 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.H.Masumoto and T. Yamamoto, J. Jap. Inst. Metals 1, 127 (1937).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Yoshida and A. Oguchi, Trans. JIM 11, 424 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Sakata and S. Aoki, J.Soc. Mat. Sci.(Japan) 22,532(19730.Google Scholar
- 7.P. Shashkov, Fiz. Metal. Metalloved. 31, 1299 (1971).Google Scholar