High Pressure Contactless Viscous Seals
The development of high-pressure equipment is often hindered by the non-availability of seals that can withstand the extreme environment to which they are subjected. Besides containing the high pressure, these seals are often called upon to withstand extremes of high temperature and severe wear.
KeywordsShear Strength Pressure Profile Mating Surface Bearing Surface High Shear Strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Ahmed, “Rheological Characteristics of Certain Waxes at Pressures up to 200,000 psi,” to be published in J. Lub Engg.Google Scholar
- 3.F. J. Fuchs, Jr., U. S. Patent 3, 985, 011.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Carnahan, U. S. Patent 2, 347, 663.Google Scholar
- 5.J. G. C. De Gast, U. S. Patent 3, 442, 560.Google Scholar
- 6.J. L. Lebach, U. S. Patent 3, 322, 473.Google Scholar