Focusing High Pressure X-ray Diffraction Camera
Several techniques have been developed to obtain x-ray powder diffraction data at high pressures. Reviews of different techniques currently utilized have been given by Bradley  and McWhan . Amorphous boron is often used as the gasket material between Bridgman anvils of sintered tungsten carbide . The x-ray system can be of either Debye-Scherrer or Guinier geometry [4–7], preferably with MoKα-radiation. Constructions have been described where the whole press frame and the anvil assembiy can be oscillated , but in general the diffraction equipment is designed for fixed samples.
KeywordsDiffraction Line Amorphous Boron Sample Displacement Bridgman Anvil Swedish Natural Science Research Council
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. C. Bradley, High Pressure Methods in Solid State Research, Butterworths, London (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.D. B. McWhan, Trans. Am. Cryst. Assoc. 5., 39 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.D. B. McWhan, ASME Publication 64-WA/PT-22, New York (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.T. N. Kolobyanina, S. S. Kabalkina, L. F. Vereshchagin, M. F. Kachan, and V. G. Losev, High Temp.-High Press. 4, 207 (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.J. C. Jamieson and D. B. McWhan, J. Chem. Phys. 43, 1149 (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.S. S. Kabalkina, L. F. Vereshchagin, and B. M. Shulenin, JETP, 45, 2073 (1962); also Soviet Phys. JETP 18, 1422 (1964).Google Scholar