Transformation Pressure of ZnS by a New Primary Pressure Technique
The transformation of zinc sulfide to the conducting State under high pressure has been observed previously by several different techniques [1–3]; however, the transformation pressures were obtained from hypothetical or extrapolated pressure scales. The present experiment was designed to measure the transformation pressure by a primary pressure method using an indentor-anvil system made of single-crystal diamond.
KeywordsZinc Sulfide Grid Pattern Transformation Pressure Small Solid Circle Newton Ring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bernard Le Neindre, Kaichi Suito, and Naoto Kawai, High Temp- High Press. 8, 1 (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.A. L. Ruoff, paper A-5-C presented at 6th AIRAPT Intern. High Pressure Conf., University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, July 25 - 29, 1977.Google Scholar
- 13.K. S. Chan, Thesis, Cornell University (1977).Google Scholar
- 14.A. L. Ruoff, Cornell Materials Science Center Report No. 2855, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, June 1977.from z-axisGoogle Scholar
- 15.L. F. Vereschchagin, E. N. Yakovlev, B. V. Vinogradov, V. P. Sakun, and G. N. Stepanov, High Temp.-High Press. 505 (1974).Google Scholar