Prekallikrein and Kallikrein Inhibitor in Plasma of Patients Affected by Recent Myocardial Infarction
Different causes may carry to the shock. The shock credibly has a pathological substrate, that is a damage of the microvessels, particularly capillaries and venules, vasa vasorum included; the sufference of the microvessels concerns mainly the endothelial and basal membrane. Pathogenetically the basic mechanism of the shock is the capillary damage by hypoxia. Hypoxia, in order to establish a capillary damage, must be calibrated in intensity and duration; differently hypoxia, if too important and acute, provokes death following an acute brain damage; if instead too slight, hypoxia does not damage sufficiently the microvessels.
KeywordsMyocardial Infarction Cardiogenic Shock Cardiac Insufficiency Recent Myocardial Infarction Plasma Kallikrein
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Massion W.H., Blumel G. and Peschl L.: “The role of the plasma kinin system in cardiogenic shock and related conditions”. Proceed. Int. Symp. on “Proteases and Antiproteases in Cardioangiology”, Vietri sul Mare, Italy, June 1969. F.K. Schattauer Verlag, Stuggart, N.Y. 81, 1969.Google Scholar
- Palma G. and Brusadelli S.: “Prospettive terapeutiche con inibitori enzimatici nell’infarto miocardico”. Proceed. Int. Symp. on “Proteases and Antiproteases in Cardioangiology”, Vietri sul Mare, Italy, June 1969. F.K. Schattauer Verlag, Stuttgart, N.Y. 1969.Google Scholar
- Pitt B., Mason J., Conti C.R. and Colman R.W.: “Activation of the plasma kallikrein system during myocardial ischemia”. Proceed. Int. Symp. on “Cardiovascular and neuro-actions of Bradykinin and Related Kinins”. Fiesole (Florence), 21–25 July 1969. Advances in Exper. Med. Biol. 8, 403, 1970.Google Scholar
- Sherry S. and Colman R.W.: “Observations on the plasma kallikreinogen (prekallikrein)-kallikrein enzyme system”. Trans. Ass. Am. Physicians. 81, 40, 1968.Google Scholar
- Sicuteri F., Franchi G., Del Bianco P.L. and Del Bene E.: “A contribution to the interpretation of shock and pain in myocardial infarction”. Mal. Cardiovasc. 8, 3, 1967.Google Scholar
- Sicuteri F., Del Bianco P.L. and Fanciullacci M.: “Kinins in the pathogenesis of cardiogenic shock and pain”. Shock: Biochemical, Pharmacological an Clinical aspects, Plenum Press, 315, 1970.Google Scholar
- Sotgiu G.: “Azione dell’inibitore delle proteasi (Trasylol) nell’infarto miocardico”. Boll. Sci. Med. 136, 279, 1964.Google Scholar
- Wiegershausen B., Henninghausen G., Klausch B., Korber H.G. and Hauzeur E.: “Plasma kininogen level in myocardial infarction”. Proceed. Int. Symp. on “Cardiovascular and neuro-actions of Bradykinin and Related Kinins”, Fiesole, (Florence), July 1969. Advances in Exper. Med. and Biol. 8, 403, 1970.Google Scholar