Part of the Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology book series (AEMB, volume 21)
Inhibitory Activity of Glucagon on Caerulein Exocrine Stimulation, Independent of Hyperglycemia
Glucagon may influence the exocrine pancreatic secretion stimulated by gastrointestinal hormones or by cholinergic drugs both in the conscious (1, 2, 3) and in the anaesthetized dogs (4, 5).
KeywordsSecretory Rate Pancreatic Secretion Exocrine Pancreas Systemic Vein Exocrine Secretion
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Nakajima S. and Nagee D.F.: Inhibition of exocrine pancreatic secretion by glucagon and D-glucose given intravenously. Can. J. Physiol. Pharmacol.: 48, 299–305, 1970.Google Scholar
- 3.Sweeting J.C.: The effect of glucagon on bile and pancreatic juice. Gastroenterology: 54, 1276, 1968.Google Scholar
- 4.Walker L. and Necheles H.: Effect of glucagon on pancreatic secretion. Amer. J. Physiol.: 187, 638, 1956.Google Scholar
- 5.Necheles H.: Effects of glucagon on external secretion of the pancreas. Amer. J. Physiol.: 191, 595–597, 1957.Google Scholar
- 7.Erspamer V.: Progress report: Caerulein. Gút: 11, 79–87, 1970.Google Scholar
- 8.Bertaccini G., De Caro G., and Melchiorri P.: The effects of caerulein on insulin secretion in anaesthetized dogs. Brit. J. Pharmac.: 40, 78–85, 1970.Google Scholar
- 9.De Caro G., Improta G., and Melchiorri P.: Effect of caerulein on glucagon secretion in the dog. Experientia: 26, 1145–1146, 1970.Google Scholar
- 10.Unger R.H., Ketter H., Duprè J., and Eisentrant A.M.: The effects of secretin, pancreozymin, and gastrin on insulin and glucagon secretion in anaesthetized dogs. J. Clin. Invest.: 46, 630–645, 1967.Google Scholar
- 11.Dorigotti L. and Glasser A.H.: Comparative effects of caerulein, pancreozymin, and secretin on pancreatic blood flow. Experientia: 24, 806–807, 1968.Google Scholar
- 12.Hoffman W.S.: A rapid photoelectric method for determination of glucose in blood and urine. J. Biol. Chem.: 120, 51–55, 1937.Google Scholar
- 13.Glasser A.H. and Dorigotti L.: Vasodilating action of caerulein and I.C.I. 50,123 on the canine pancreatic vascular bed. In “Pharmacology of Hormonal Polypeptides and Proteins”(Eds. Back W., Martini, L., and Paoletti R.) Plenum Press, New York, pp. 541–543, 1968.Google Scholar
- 14.Dorigotti L., Glasser A.H.: Relationhip between vasodilator and pancreatic stimulating properties of some caerulein-like peptides. In “Prostaglandins, Peptides and Amines” (Eds. Mante gazza P. and Horton E.W.) Academic Press, London, pp. 181–183, 1959.Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1972