Dissociation of Oedema Provoking Factor of Agkistrodon Piscivorus Venom from Kininogenase
The development of a method for measuring the hemorrhagic activity qualitatively as well as quantitatively by Bonta et al. (1) made it possible to characterise the hemorrhagic factors of some venoms. These factors were revealed to be basic polypeptides of less than 10,000 molecular weight. Since hemorrhages are known to accompany a variety of allergic inflammations and since it has also been found that oestriol succinate inhibits the hemorrhages (2) as well as the cobra venom induced rat paw oedema (3,9), it seemed worthwhile investigating whether some venom fractions which induce pulmonary hemorrhages are able to induce oedema. In addition some chemical and pharmacological properties of these fractions have been investigated.
KeywordsEsterase Activity Dansyl Chloride Crude Venom Cobra Venom Hemorrhagic Activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (2).I.L. Bonta and C. J. de Vos and A. Delver Acta Endocrinol. (Copenhagen) 48, 137 (1965).Google Scholar
- (3).I.L. Bonta, Acta Physiol. Pharmacol. Neerl. 15, 188 (1969).Google Scholar
- (5).H. Kraut and N. Bhargava, Hoppe-Seyler’s Z. physiol. Chem. 338, 231 (1964).Google Scholar
- (6).B.B. Vargaftig (1971) to be published.Google Scholar
- (7).N. Bhargava, P. Zirinis, I.L. Bonta and B.B. Vargaftig Biochem. Pharmac. 19, 2405 (1970).Google Scholar
- (9).I.L. Bonta and C.J. de Vos Acta Endocr., Copenh. 49, 403 (1965).Google Scholar
- (10).I.L. Bonta, N. Bhargava and B.B. Vargaftig “Bradykinin and related kinins” Cardiovascular, Biochemi cal & Neural actions (Eds. F. Sicuteri and M. Rocha e Silva, Plenum Press 1970 ) pp. 191.Google Scholar
- (11).I.L. Bonta, N. Bhargava and B.B. Vargaftig in: Proceedings of 2nd Intern. Symposium on Animal and Plant Toxins, Tel Aviv, eds. A. de Vries and E. Kochva (Gordon & Breach New York) in press.Google Scholar
- (12).M. Rocha e Silva, R.Q. Cavalcanti and M.L. Reis Biochem. Pharmac. 18, 1285 (1969).Google Scholar
- (13).I.L. Bonta and C.J. de Vos Proceedings of International Symposium on Vasoactive polypeptides: Bradykinin and Related Kinins, Sao Paulo 1966 pp. 205 (Eds. M. Rocha e Silva and H.A. Rothschild).Google Scholar