Observations on the Chymotrypsin Peptide Releasing Activity on Plasmas
Previous report1 has shown the liberation of a pharmacologically active principle by the action of Padutin on the Bothrops jararaca plasma and has demonstrated its distinction from kinins. Afterwards, experiments were carried out to clarify whether such release is due to kallikrein or to another enzyme present in Padutin as an impurity. Taking in account the chymotrypsin destructive ability on the active released substancel, this enzyme was reconsidered as a possible Padutin active contaminant. This hypothesis was reinvestigated by some experiments herein presented. On the other hand, this paper presents the results obtained in the study of chymotrypsin action extended from Bothrops jararaca to mammal plasmas.
KeywordsIncubation Mixture Aorta Strip Fresh Plasma Chymotrypsin Action Pressor Peptide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lavras, A.A.C., Fichman, M., Hiraichi, E., Schmuziger, P., and Picarelli, Z.P.: Advances Exp. Med. Biol. 8: 89, 1970.Google Scholar
- 7.Furchgott, R.F., and Bhadrakom, S.: J. Pharmac. exp. Ther. 108: 129, 1953.Google Scholar
- 9.Lavras, A.A.C., Fichman, M., Hiraichi, E., and Picarelli, Z.P.: Abstracts of the Fourth International Congress on Pharmacol., Basel, Switzerland, 209, 1969.Google Scholar
- 11.Ferreira, S.H., and Rocha e Silva, M.: Brit. J. Pharmacol. 36: 611, 1969.Google Scholar
- 12.Iasciolo, J.C.: Acta physiol. lat. am. 14: 170, 1964.Google Scholar
- 13.Walaszek, E.J., and Hugghins, C.G.: J. Pharm. Exp. Therap. 126: 258, 1959.Google Scholar