First order predicate logic
In this section a formal language, ‘first order predicate language’, will be discussed. This language allows complex knowledge to be expressed concisely, along with the methods by which this knowledge can be combined to give new forms. This language and its methods have been used and developed with the aim of equipping robotic systems with advanced capabilities for making decisions.
KeywordsLogical Consequence Inference Rule Horn Clause Linear Strategy Search Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chang, C.L.; Lee, R.C.T. Symbolic Logic and Mechanical Theorem Proving Academic Press, 1973.Google Scholar
- Nilsson, N. Problem-solving Methods in Artificial Intelligence McGraw-Hill, 1971.Google Scholar
- Nilsson, N. Principles of Artificial Intelligence Tioga, 1980.Google Scholar
- Siekmann, J.; Wrightson, G. (Eds) Automation of Reasoning Springer-Verlag, 1983.Google Scholar
- Wos, L.; Overbeek, R.; Lusk, E.; Boyle, J. Automated Reasoning Prentice Hall, 1984.Google Scholar