Laser in Plastic Surgery and Dermatology
Since the laser was first developed in 1960, it has found many uses in the treatment of cutaneous and superficial lesions in plastic surgery and dermatology. Moreover, lasers are now the treatment of choice for several clinical entities for which no reliable or effective modality was previously available.
KeywordsLaser Therapy Argon Laser Cavernous Hemangioma Thermal Relaxation Time Capillary Hemangioma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. B. Mulliken and A. E. Young, “Vascular Birthmatks - Hemangiomas and Malformations”, Philadelphia, PA: W. B. Saunders Company (1988)Google Scholar
- 4.D. B. Apfelberg, M. R. Maser and H. Lash, “Argon laser management of cutaneous vascular abnormalities”, West. J. Med., 124:99–101 (1976)Google Scholar
- 10.R. R. Anderson and J. A. Parrish, “The optical properties of skin”, in J. D. Regan, J. A. Parrish (eds), The Science of Photomedicine, New York, NY: Plenum Press, pp. 147–194 (1982)Google Scholar
- 15.O. T. Tan and T. J. Stafford, “Treatment of portwine stain at 577 nm: clinical results”, Med. Instrum., 21:218–221 (1987)Google Scholar
- 16.J. M. Garden, O. T. Tan and J. A. Parrish, “The pulsed dye laser: its use at 577 nm wavelength”, J. Dermatol. Surg. Oncol., 13:134–138 (1987)Google Scholar
- 22.B. M. Achauer and V. M. Vander Kam, “Argon laser treatment of strawberry hemangioma of infancy”, West. J. Med., 143:628–632 (1985)Google Scholar
- 26.P. L. Bailin, J. L. Ratz and H. L. Levine, “Removal of tattoos by CO laser”, J. Dermatol. Surg. Oncol., 6:997–1001 (1980)Google Scholar
- 27.D. B. Apfelberg, M. R. Maser, H. Lash, D. N. White and J. T. Flores, “Comparison of argon and carbon dioxide lader treatment of decorative tattoos: a preliminary report”, Ann. Plast. Surg., 14:7–16 (1985)Google Scholar
- 30.R. R. Anderson, personal communication, 1990Google Scholar
- 31.P. L. Bailin, “Lasers in dermatology: principles and clinical applications”, Prof. Dermatol., 21:1–8 (1987)Google Scholar
- 32.P. L. Bailin, J. L. Ratz and R. G. Wheeland, “Laser therapy of skin: a review of principles and applications”, Dermatol. Clin., 5:259–285 (1987)Google Scholar