Excitons in Quantum Boxes
A variational exciton wavefunction, with vanishing boundary conditions for both electron and hole is applied for the calculation of the exciton ground state energy in a cubic box. Good agreement with the center-of-mass quantization (with dead layer correction) is found for box edges greater than four exciton radii. The calculated oscillator strength is smaller than in slabs.
KeywordsOscillator Strength Intermediate Range Exciton State Exciton Energy Exciton Dynamic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. D’Andréa and R. Del Sole, Proceedings in Phys. 25, Springer-Verlag (1988), p. 102Google Scholar
- R. Del Sole and A. D’Andrea, Present VolumeGoogle Scholar
- G. Bastard, E.E. Mendez, L.L. Chang, and E. Esaki, Phys. Rev. B 28, 1974 (1982)Google Scholar
- Y. Shinouza and M. Matsuura, Phys. Rev. B 28, 4878 (1982)Google Scholar
- A.L. Efros and A.L. Efros, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 16, 772 (1982)Google Scholar
- A. D’Andrea and R. Del Sole, to be published.Google Scholar