Femtosecond Spectroscopy of Optically Excited Quantum Well Structures
Semiconductor quantum wells (QW) have recently attracted much attention because of their electronic transport and optoelectronic properties. The confinement of photocarriers in layers which thickness, Lz, is smaller than the bulk material Bohr radius, ao, reinforces the excitonic behavior, resulting novel nonlinear and electro-optical properties. In this talk we report recent investigations performed in our group on two topics; The extreme low and high intensity limit studies of AC-Stark Effect and the investigation of the dynamics of excitonic absorption in the infrared band gap InGaAs quantum wells. The first work was performed by W.H. Knox, J.B. Stark, D.S. Chemla, D.A.B. Miller, and S. Schmitt-Rink, and the second by M. Wegener, I. Bar Joseph, G. Sucha, M.N. Islam and D.S. Chemla.
KeywordsQuantum Well Pump Pulse Excitonic Absorption Exciton Resonance Small Binding Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- For recent reviews see the two IEEE J. Quant. Electron, special issues on Quantum Wells and Superlattices; QE-22 1609–1921 (1986) D.S. Chemla and A. Pinczuk ed. and QE-24 1579-1791 (1988) J. Coleman ed.Google Scholar
- For recent reviews see, D.S. Chemla, D.A.B. Miller, S. Schmitt-Rink in “Optical Nonlinearities and Instabilities in Semiconductors” H. Haug ed. Academic Press NY (1988), and S. Schmitt-Rink, D.S. Chemla, D.A.B. Miller, Advances in Physics (1989).Google Scholar
- For recent reviews see, D.A.B. Miller, D.S. Chemla, S. Schmitt-Rink in “Optical Nonlinearities and Instabilities in Semiconductors” H. Haug ed. Academic Press NY (198Google Scholar
- W.H. Knox, J.B. Stark, D.S. Chemla, D.A.B. Miller, S. Schmitt-Rink submitted to PRL.Google Scholar
- M. Wegener, I. Bar Joseph, G. Sucha, M.N. Islam and D.S. Chemla submitted to PR.Google Scholar
- W. Schaefer Adv. Solid State Physics, Vol 28 in press and private communication.Google Scholar
- C. Ell, J.F. Mueller, K. El Sayed, and H. Haug, submitted to PRL.Google Scholar
- M.N. Islam, G. Sucha, I. Bar-Joseph, M. Wegener, J.P. Gordon, D.S. Chemla to be published.Google Scholar