Is a Marriage between Psychoanalysis and Systems Theory Ecologically Sound? Some Psychoanalytic Perspectives on Human Responses to Cancer in Children: Discussion of Dr. Kaplan’s Paper
It was August in New York. More accurately, it was August in Brooklyn, and that is hotter still. Both the heat and the humidity approached one hundred, and Brooklyn does not provide many air-onditioned distractions from such an infernal onslaught.
KeywordsLicense Plate Crisis Intervention Personality Theory King County Deep Meaning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aguillera, D. C. and Messick, J. M. Crisis Intervention. St. Louis: Mosby, 1974.Google Scholar
- Erikson, E. Adulthood. New York: Norton, 1978.Google Scholar
- Freud, A. The role of bodily illness in the mental life of children. Psychoanalytic Study of the Child, 1952, 7:69–81.Google Scholar
- Freud, S. Collected Papers, vol. 1, London: Hogarth, 1924.Google Scholar
- Lazarus, R. S. The stress and coping paradigm. Paper presented at a conference: “The Critical Evaluation of Behavioral Science Paradigms for Psychiatric Science,” Salishan Lodge, Gleneden Beach, Oregon, November 3–6, 1978.Google Scholar
- Sifneos, P. E. Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy, Evaluation and Technique. New York: Plenum, 1979.Google Scholar