Some Recent Developments on Solitons in Two-Dimensional Field Theories
This review is written for both mathematical physicists and applied mathematicians. It discusses some recent results, conjectures, and open problems of classical and semi classical mechanics of field theories in one space and one time dimension. We concentrate on theories with either Lorentz or Galilean invariance, dividing the review into three parts: One on exactly soluble models, one on a model which we conjecture is exactly soluble, and one on approximate methods in non-exactly soluble models.
KeywordsRest Frame Field Configuration Inverse Scattering Method Soluble Model Galilean Invariance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.See A. Jevicki’s report at this conference and references therein.Google Scholar
- 11.A.B. Zamolodchikov, ITEP preprint, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 14.C. Nohl, Ph.D. Thesis, Princeton University 1976.Google Scholar
- 15a.Yu. C. Tyupkin, V.A. Fateev and A.S. Schwartz, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 22, 321 (1975).Google Scholar
- 18.A. Luther, private communication.Google Scholar
- 19.This was noticed by A. Klein, whom the author thanks for a most interesting conversation on this subject at the 1976 Orbis Scientiae Conference.Google Scholar