Mass-Spectrometer Determination of Traces of Alkali Elements in Silicon
The study and elucidation of the part played by impurities in semiconducting materials is of major importance in semiconductor technology. There are various analytical methods of determining impurities in solids; one convenient means is mass-spectrometer analysis, using the phenomenon of surface ionization. The surface ionization of alkali elements on a heated silicon surface has been studied on a small number of occasions [1–4] and the corresponding ion emission determined.
KeywordsSample Temperature Ionization Probability Surface Ionization Secondary Emission Semiconductor Technology
- 1.N. G. Ban’kovskii and B. N. Formozov, Izv. Akad, Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz., 28:2048 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.É. Ya. Zandberg and V. I. Paleev, Zh. Tekhn. Fiz., 35:1308 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.É. Ya. Zandberg and V. I. Paleev, Zh. Tekhn. Fiz., 35:2092 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.É. Ya. Zandberg and V. I. Paleev, Zh. Tekhn. Fiz., 34:2048 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.L. M. Gol’shtein, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Vol. 158, No.2 (1964).Google Scholar