Calculation of Cross Sections for Excitation of Atoms and Ions by Electron Impact
A whole series of approximate methods has been proposed for calculation of the cross sections for collisions of electrons with atoms and ions. So far, however, there is no method which gives sufficiently reliable results and which can be recommended for wide application. To obtain a clearer idea of the capabilities of various methods and some common properties of the cross sections we undertook calculations of the cross sections for the excitation of a number of transitions in different approximations. This paper gives an account of some details of the method of calculations and the results obtained.
KeywordsStrong Coupling Partial Wave Radial Function Born Approximation Integrodifferential Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.1.L. A. Vainshtein and I. I. Sobel’man, Zh. Eksperim. i Teor. Fiz., 39:767 (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Vainshtein, Opt. i Spektroskopiya, 3:313 (1957)Google Scholar
- Izv. AN SSSR, seriya fizich., 22:671 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.L. A. Vainshtein, Opt. i Spektroskopiya, 11:301 (1961).Google Scholar
- 10.I. I. Sobel’man, Introduction to Atomic Spectroscopy, §46, Fizmatgiz, 1963.Google Scholar
- 11.L. A. Vainshtein, L. P. Presnyakov, and I. I. Sobel’man, Zh. Eksperim. i Teor. Fiz., 45, (6) (1963).Google Scholar