Acute Pesticide Morbidity and Mortality: California
This report gives an overview of the important features of the California Pesticide Illness Surveillance Program (PISP), focusing on sources of case identification, case definitions, and annual case totals. Trends in illness reporting are illustrated by examining recent changes in the number of field worker dermatitis cases and the program experience with pesticide mortality by examining fatalities reported to the registry between 1982 and 1990.
KeywordsPesticide Exposure Standard Industrial Classification Table Grape Pesticide Poisoning Food Container
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Letz GA, Pond SM, Osterloh JD, Wade RL, Becker CE (1984) Two Univ Press, New York, pp 345–346.Google Scholar
- Maddy KT, Peoples SA, Tochilin SJ (1978) Occupational illness due to exposure of persons to pesticides or their residues in California in 1975. Vet Hum Toxicol 20 (3): 169–176.Google Scholar
- Maddy KT, Edmiston S, Richmond D (1990) Illness, injuries and deaths from pesticide exposures in Califonia 1949–1988. Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 114: 58123.Google Scholar
- O’Malley M, Barba R (1990) Bullous dermatitis in field workers associated with exposure to mayweed. Am J Contact Derm 1 (1): 34–42.Google Scholar
- O’Malley M, Smith C, Krieger RI, Margetich S (1990) Dermatitis among stone fruit harvesters in Tulare County, 1988. Am J Contact Derm 1 (2): 100–111.Google Scholar
- Osorio AM, Ames RG, Rosenberg J, Mengle DC (1991) Investigation of a fatality among parathion applicators in California. Am J Ind Med 20(4):533–546. Peoples SA, Maddy KT (1978) Organophosphate pesticide poisoning. West J Med 129: 273–277.Google Scholar
- Peoples SA, Maddy KT, Riddle LC (1978a) Human occupational health problems from exposure to ethylene dibromide in California in 1975 and 1976. Vet Hum Toxicol 20 (4): 241–244.Google Scholar
- Peoples SA, Maddy KT, Smith CR (1978b) Occupational exposure to temik (aldicarb) as reported by California physicians for 1974–1976. Vet Hum Toxicol 20 (5): 321–324.Google Scholar
- Peoples SA, Maddy KT, Tochilin S, Edmiston S (1978c) Human health problems with exposure to the fungicide captafol (difolatan) in California. Vet Hum Toxicol 20 (3): 184–189.Google Scholar
- Peoples SA, Maddy KT, Topper J (1978d) Human occupational illness problems due to ethyl parathion exposure in California in 1975. Vet Hum Toxicol 20 (5): 327–329.Google Scholar