Control of the Mitotic B Cell Cycle: Facts and Speculations
During their differentiation from stem cells and precursors B lymphocytes reach a stage when they become resting. These resting B lymphocytes can be activated into cell cycle again when they meet antigen or polyclonal activators. This paper gives a synopsis of the reactions that lead to activation of B cells from the resting state and that control successive B cell cycles.
KeywordsMajor Histocompatibility Complex Major Histocompatibility Complex Class Restriction Point Cell Cycle Control Sister Chromatid Exchange
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Claman, H.N., Chaperon, E.A. and Triplett, R.F. 1966, Thymus-marrow cell combinations. Synergism in antibody production. Soc. Exp. Biol. & Med. 122:1167–1171.Google Scholar
- Harada, N., Kikuchi, Y., Tominaga, A., Takaki, S. and Takatsu, K. 1985, BCGFII activity on activated B cells of a purified murine T cell-replacing factors (TRF). J. Immunol. 130: No. 5 2219–2224.Google Scholar
- Leclercq, L., Cambier, J.C., Mishal, Z., Julius, M.H. and Theze, J. 1985, Supernatant from a cloned helper T cell stimulates most small resting B cells to undergo increased I-A expression, blastogenesis and progression through cell cycle. Submitted.Google Scholar
- Melchers, F. 1985, Murine B cell cycle control and its deregulations in NZW. NZB and BXSB mice. In: Proceedings of a Workshop on Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases, Gmunden Austria, Elsevier Amsterdam (in press).Google Scholar
- Melchers, F., Andersson, J., Lernhardt, W. and Schreier, M.H. 1980, B cells induced by antigen-activated T cell help factors. Eur. J. Immunol. 10:669–685.Google Scholar
- Melchers, F., Corbel, C., Leptin, M. and Lernhardt, W. 1985, Activation and cell cycle control of murine B lymphocytes. J. Cell. Sci. Suppl. 3 (in press).Google Scholar
- Melchers, F., Lernhardt, W. 1985, Three restriction points in the cell cycle of activated murine B lymphocytes, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA (in press).Google Scholar
- Ohara, J., Lahet, S., Inmann, J. and Paul, W.E. 1985, Partial purification of murine B-cell stimulatory factor (BSF)-1. J. Immunol. (in press).Google Scholar
- Oliver, K., Noelle, R.J., Uhr, J.W., Krammer, P.H. and Vitetta, E.S. 1985, B cell growth factor (BCGF I or BSPp1) is a differentiation factor for resting B cells and may not induce cell growth. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, (in press).Google Scholar
- Takatsu, K., Harada, N., Hara, Y., Takahama, Y., Yamada, G., Dobashi, K. and Hamaoka, T. 1985, Purification and physicochemical characterization of murine T cell replacing factor (TRF). J. Immunol. 134:382–388.Google Scholar