Part of the The Viruses book series (VIRS)
Cucumber Green Mottle Mosaic Virus
Cucumber green mottle mosaic virus (CGMMV) was first described by Ainsworth (1935). Since then, several strains have been isolated in Europe, India, and Japan.
KeywordsMosaic Virus Coat Protein Tobacco Mosaic Virus Partial Amino Acid Sequence Cucumber Green Mottle Mosaic Virus
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Godet, P., Lomonossoff, G. P., Butler, P. J. G., Akam, M. E., Gait, M. J., and Kam, J., 1982, Nucleotide sequence of tobacco mosaic virus RNA, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 79: 3961.Google Scholar
- Guilley, H., Jonard, G., Kukla, B., and Richards, K. E., 1979, Sequence of 1000 nucleotides at the 3’ end of tobacco mosaic virus RNA, Nucleic Acids Res. 6: 1287.Google Scholar
- Inouye, T., Inouye, N., Asatani, M., and Mitsuhata, K., 1967, Studies on cucumber green mottle mosaic virus in Japan [in Japanese], Nogaku Kenkyu 51: 175.Google Scholar
- Meshi, T., Ohno, T., and Okada, Y., 1982a, Nucleotide sequence and its character of cistron coding for the 30K protein of tobacco mosaic virus, J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 91: 1441.Google Scholar
- Motoyoshi, F., and Nishiguchi, M., 1984, Isolation and utilization of attenuated viruses for controlling cucurbit virus diseases [in Japanese], Plant Prot. 38: 353.Google Scholar
- Ohashi, Y., Ohno, T., Nozu, Y., and Okada, Y., 1969, Reconstitution of tobacco mosaic virus in vitro: Inhibition by coat protein of other strains, Proc. Jpn. Acad. 45: 919.Google Scholar
- Ohno, T., Okada, Y., Nonomura, Y., and Inoue, H., 1975, Assembly of a rod-shaped virus: Disk aggregate of cucumber green mottle mosaic virus protein and its function, J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 77: 313.Google Scholar
- Ohno, T., Aoyagi, M., Yamanashi, Y., Saito, H., Ikawa, S., Meshi, T., and Okada, Y., 1984, Nucleotide sequence of the tobacco mosaic virus (tomato strain) genome and comparison with the common strain genome, J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 96: 1915.Google Scholar
- Rietvelt, K., Linschooten, K., Pleij, C. W. A., and Bosch, L., 1984, The three-dimensional folding of the tRNA-like structure of tobacco mosaic virus RNA, a new building principle applied twice, EMBO J. 3: 2613.Google Scholar
- Sano, Y., Nozu, Y., and Inoue, H., 1978, Anomalous mobility of cucumber green mottle mosaic virus protein in sodium dodecyl sulfate—polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 84: 1041.Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1986