R-Matrix Calculations for Electron Scattering by Diatomic Molecules
Burke and Robb1 have demonstrated rather convincingly the suitability of R-matrix techniques for describing such atomic processes as electron scattering, photoionization, polarizabilities and Van der Waals coefficients, electron affinities, and non-linear optical coefficients. In reactive and non-reactive heavy particle scattering also, the R-matrix approach has been shown applicable.2 More recently Schneider et. a13 have considered the scattering of low energy electrons by molecular targets using an R-matrix method, as described elsewhere in this volume. In this paper we present the results for an alternative formulation of the problem, described in detail in references 4 and 5.
KeywordsInternal Region Electron Scattering External Region Schrodinger Equation Fixed Boundary Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- d.B. I. Schneider, and M. A. Morrison, Phys. Rev A16, 1005 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.B. D. Buckley, P. G. Burke, I. Mackey, and Vo Ky Lan, Proc. CECAM Workshop on Electron-Molecule Scattering, August-September 1977.Google Scholar
- 9.I. Shimamura, Invited Paper at the X Int. Conf. on Physics of Electron and Atomic Collisions, Paris, 1977. (North-Holland, 1978 ).Google Scholar
- 11.K. A. Berrington, private communication.Google Scholar
- 13.L. A. Collins, M. A. Morrison and W. D. Robb, private communication.Google Scholar