Microbial Cells Immobilized and Living on Solid Supports and their Application to Fermentation Processes
Our approach has been based on the ability of water-insoluble metal hydroxides to chelate and retain peptides, proteins, etc. including enzymes. From various studies it was concluded that gelatinous titanium and zirconium hydroxide are effective matrices for enzyme immobilization. Their advantages include low cost, convenient preparation, absence of any need for pre-preparation, ability to couple enzyme at neutral pH, high retention of specific activity of the enzyme on immobilization, and the ability of modification of microenvironmental effects.
KeywordsCellulose Titanium Fermentation Zirconium Hydroxyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.KENNEDY, J.F., BARKER, S.A. & HUMPHREYS, J.D. J. Chem. Soc., Penki n 1:962 1976.Google Scholar
- 2.KENNEDY, J.F. & KAY, I.M. J. Chem. Soc., Petki n 1: 329 1976.Google Scholar
- 4.KENNEDY, J.F. & HUMPHREYS, J.D. Antimic tobia Agentz Chemotherapy 9: 766, 1976.Google Scholar
- 5.KENNEDY, J.F., BARKER, S.A. & WHITE, C.A. Canbohydna.te Rez. 54: 1, 1977.Google Scholar
- 6.FRINGS GmbH, British Patent No. 1, 101, 560; 1968.Google Scholar