Experimental Investigation of Active Force Control of Robot and Manipulator Arms
Recently a new method for effecting robust coordinative control of robot and arm movement has been proposed. The method. Active Force Control. operates by substituting measurement for computation and thus avoids many of the difficulties in obtaining fast robotic movements imposed by the highly non-linear coupled dynamic equations and the need to perform calculations in real time.
KeywordsForce Control Motor Torque Conventional Control Unity Instability Active Force Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Asada, H., Manade, T., Takeyama, I. “Control of a Direct Drive Arm” in Robotics Research and Advanced Applications, Phoenix, Arizona, November 14–19, 1982 (A.S.M.E.).Google Scholar
- 2.Dubowsky, S. “On the Dynamics of Computer Controlled Manipulators” 4th RO-MAN-SY Symposium, Zaborow, Poland, September 8–12, 1981.Google Scholar
- 3.Hewit, J. R., Tan, N. “Dynamic Coordination of Robot Movement” ibid.Google Scholar
- 4.Galatis, G. MSc Thesis, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 1985Google Scholar
- 5.Hadzistylis, A. MSc Thesis, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 1985.Google Scholar