Total surface area of Polish inland waters amounts to about 470,000 ha (1,161,000 acres). In this about 305,000 ha (753,000 acres) are represented by lakes, 104,000 ha (251,000 acres) by rivers and dam reservoirs, and 60,000 ha (145,000 acres) by ponds. The most important users of these waters are State Fish Farms and the Polish Anglers Association. State Fish Farms use over 91% of total lake area and 86% of total pond area. The Polish Anglers Association uses 70% of total area of rivers and dam reservoirs and 6% of total lake area. Additionally, the Polish Anglers Association has the rights to carry out sport fishing on the majority of lakes managed by the State Fish Farms.
KeywordsFish Farming Commercial Fishery Pond Culture Recreational Fishery Cage Culture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LEOPOLD, M. 1976A. Stocking as a main factor determining the level of eel catches in Poland. ICES/EIFAC Symp. Eel Res. and Manage., Helsinki, June 1976. Pap. 14.Google Scholar
- LEOPOLD, M. 1976B. Basic problems of eel exploitation. ICES/EIFAC Symp. Eel Res. and Manage., Helsinki, June 1976. Pap. 15.Google Scholar
- LEOPOLD, M. 1979. Some economic problems of intensive fish culture. Mat. Conf. of the Hydrobiol. Comm. of the Pol. Acad. Sci. and TNOIK, Zielona Góra, Poland, Oct. 4–5, 1979. Typescript, Dep. Econ., Inland Fisheries Inst., Olsztyn, Poland. ( Polish )Google Scholar
- LEOPOLD, M. 1981. Problems of fish culture economics with special reference to carp culture in Eastern Europe. EIFAC Tech. Pap. 40.Google Scholar
- LEOPOLD, M., BNINSKA, M., DABROWSKI, B. and SZCZERBOWSKI, J. 1981. Inland fisheries. National economy demand for agricultural products. Expertise for the 5th Dep. of the Pol. Acad. Sci. Typescript, Library of the Inland Fisheries Inst., Olsztyn, Poland. (Polish )Google Scholar
- LEOPOLD, M., BNINSKA, M. and HUS, M. 1980. Angling, recreation, commercial fisheries and problems of water resources allocation. Proc. of the EIFAC/FAO Tech. Cons. on Fish. Resour. Allocation, Vichy, France, 1980. (In press)Google Scholar
- POL. MINIST. AGRIC. 1979. Report on the state and prospectives of inland fisheries. Rep. for the Ministry of Agric. Typescript, Library of the Inland Fisheries Inst., Olsztyn, Poland. (Polish )Google Scholar
- ZAWISZA, J., LEOPOLD, M., ZDANOWSKI, B. and BNINSKA, M. 1979. Directions of lake fisheries development in the North-eastern Macroregion on the background of progressing lake eutrophication. Expertise for the 8th Expert Group of the Pol. Acad. Sci. Typescript, Library of the Inland Fisheries Inst., Olsztyn, Poland. (Polish )Google Scholar