The rainbow trout industry of France, not yet having reached maturity, is still undergoing rapid expansion. For example, in 1965 total production was less than 3000 MT. In 1974 production reached 15,000 MT and then reached 18,000 MT in 1979. The index of production changed from 100 in 1965 to 501 in 1974 (Table 12.1), increasing production 401% in 10 years.
KeywordsRainbow Trout Brackish Water Brown Trout Spring Water Market Size
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ANON. 1971–1979. Export and import data. European Trout Federation Office, Treviso, Italy.Google Scholar
- ANON. 1974. Customs data. GTGREF, Technical Center for Rural Engineering of Waters and Forests, Div. of Coastal Management and Aquaculture, Bordeaux, Rep. 4 (Sept.) 53. (French)Google Scholar
- BUSS, K. and MILLER, E.R. 1971. Considerations for conventional trout hatchery design and construction in Pennsylvania. U.S. Dep. Inter., Fish Wildl. Serv., Washington, D.C. Prog. Fish. Cult. 33 (2) 86–94.Google Scholar
- CANCELLIERI, S.C. 1981. Personal communication. European Federation of Salmonoid Breeders, Via Indipendenza 5, 31100, Treviso, Italy.Google Scholar
- DESPLANQUES, L., GAILLARD, P. and Ligier, Y. 1972. Marketing of trout. Fr. Fish Culture 31 (3rd Quarter) 18, 20, 127. (French)Google Scholar
- TESSIER, A. 1975. Salmonoid fish culture. Fr. Fish Culture 43 (3rd Quarter) 14. (French)Google Scholar