A CAD system for programming and simulating robots’ actions
This paper presents work currently in progress at LAMM and Dassault-Systèmes in the area of computer-aided design (CAD) of robots and of their environments. Several results of previous work concerning mathematical modelling of complex mechanisms have been implemented in CATIA* (computer aided design with a three-dimensional interactive system). So far, it is possible to build robot models and to visualize their motions on a graphic display, as well as to program trajectories and to control a process with the simulation results.
KeywordsKinematic Model Revolute Joint Joint Variable Prismatic Joint Geometrical Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.International Seminar of Programming Methods and Languages for Industrial Robots. Proceedings INRIA. Rocquencourt, France. June, 1979.Google Scholar
- 2.W. B. Heginbotham, M. Dooner, K. Case, “Rapid assessment of industrial robots’ performances by interactive computer graphics,” 9th International Symposium on Industrial Robots, Washington D.C., pp. 563–574, March, 1979.Google Scholar
- 3.B. I. Soroka, “Debugging robot programs with a simulator,” CADCAM-8 Conference, Anaheim, CA. November, 1980.Google Scholar
- 5.J. G. Queromes, “Computer Aided Design and Robotics: A Full of Promise Cooperation,” 12th Int. Symp. on Industrial Robots. Paris, France, pp. 185–195, June, 1982.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Paul, Robot Manipulators: Mathematics, Programming and Control; The Computer Control of Robot Manipulators. MIT Press, 1982.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Fournier, “Génération de mouvements en robotique: application des inverses généralisées et des pseudoinverses.” Thèse d’Etat. Montpellier, France, 1980.Google Scholar
- 8.E. Dombre, “Analyse des performances des robots-manipulateurs flexibles et redondants; contribution à leur modélisation et à leur commande.” Thèse d’Etat. Montpellier, France, 1981.Google Scholar
- 9.E. Dombre, P. Rives, A. Liegeois, A. Fournier, P. Coiffet, “Fault detection and error recovery in robotic systems.” CISMIFToMM Symp. on Theory and Practice of Robots and Manipulators. Warsaw, Poland, pp. 151–159, September, 1981.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Fournier, W. Khalil, “Coordination and reconfiguration of mechanical redundant systems.” Proc. Int. Conf. on Cybernetics and Society. Washington D.C., pp. 227–231, September, 1977.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Liegeois, “Automatic supervisory control of the configuration and behavior of multi-body mechanisms.” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics. Vol. SMC-7 (12) pp. 868–871, December, 1977.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Liegeois, E. Dombre, P. Borrel, “Développement d’un système de CAO et de simulations de robots manipulateurs,” Premières Journées Annuelles du Programme Automatisation et Robotique Avancées, Poitiers, pp. 117–128, September, 1982.Google Scholar
- 13.P. Borrel, F. Bernard, A. Liegeois, D. Bourcier, E. Dombre, “The robotics facilities in the CAM-CAM CATIA System,” in Developments in Robotics, edited by B. Rooks. IFS Publications, 1983.Google Scholar