A 3-week-old male was brought to the emergency room with a 3-day history of clear projectile vomiting after each feeding. He had been anuricfor almost 24h and was becoming increasingly lethargic.
KeywordsPylorie Stenosis Fetal Hemoglobin Maintenance Fluid Moderate Dehydration Jejunal Atresia
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Donovan E.J., Beardsley H.: Congenital hypertrophic stenosis of the pylorus. Arch Fed 1958, 75: 359–62.Google Scholar
- 2.Benson C.D.: The stomach and the duodenum, in Mustard W.T., Ravitch M.M., Snyder W.H., et al. (eds): Pediatric Surgery, 2nd ed., Chicago: Yearbook Publishers, 1969, 52: 818–21.Google Scholar
- 3.Dufour H., Fredet P.: Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis in newborns and surgical treatment (translated). Surg Rev 1908, 37: 208–12.Google Scholar
- 4.Hall J.W.: Anesthesia for gastrointestinal and abdominal wall disorders, in Gregory C.A. (ed): Pediatric Anesthesia, New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1983, 23: 707–22.Google Scholar
- 5.Lockhart C.H.: Maintenance of general anesthesia, in Gregory G.A. (ed): Pediatric Anesthesia, New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1983, 15: 472–7.Google Scholar
- 11.Steward DJ.: Diseases of the gastrointestinal system, in Katz J., Steward D.J. (eds): Anesthesia and Uncommon Pediatric Disease, Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 1987, pp 226–35.Google Scholar
- 12.Malhotra V.: Pyloric stenosis in Yao F., Artusio J. (eds): Anesthesiology, Problem Oriented Patient Management. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott, 1988, pp 259–74.Google Scholar
- 13.Robeson A.M.: Parenteral fluid therapy, in Behrman R.E., Vaughan III (eds): Nelsons Textbook of Pediatrics, 2nd ed., Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 1985, pp 233–43.Google Scholar
- 14.Parry W.H., Adams N.R.: Acid-base homeostasis and oxygenation, in Merentein G.B., Gardner S.L. (eds): Handbook of Neonatal Intensive Care, St. Louis: CV Mosby, 1983, pp 117–19.Google Scholar
- 15.Bowe E.A., Klein E.J. Jr.: Acid-base, blood gas, electrolytes, in Barish P.G. (ed): Clinical Anesthesia, Philadelphia: JB Lippincott, 1989, pp 679–80.Google Scholar
- 16.Gregory G.A.: Pediatric anesthesia, in Miller R.D. (ed): Anesthesia, 2nd ed., New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1986, pp 1788–9.Google Scholar
- 17.Smith R.M.: Anesthesia in infants and children, 4th ed., St. Louis, CV Mosby, 1980, pp 324–40.Google Scholar
- 18.Berry F.: Neonatal anesthesia, in Barish P.G. (ed): Clinical Anesthesia, Philadelphia: JB Lippincott, 1989, pp 1253–80.Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Boston 1991