Structural Optimization of a Linearly Elastic Structure using the Homogenization Method
We shall describe a brief review of the structural optimization of a linearly elastic structure, and we shall present a new method to solve the sizing, shape, and layout (topology) problems based on the theory of homogenization. Many numerical examples of the optimal design are also presented as well as a mathematical formulation of a relaxed design problem.
KeywordsDesign Variable Design Problem Structural Optimization Design Domain Elasticity Tensor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Banichuk, N.V., Problems and methods of optimal structural design, Plenum Press, New York (1983)Google Scholar
- Lurie, K.A., Fedorov, A.V., and Cherkaev, A.V., Regularization of optimal design problems for bars and plates, Parts I and II, J. Optim. Theory Appl. 37(4) (1982) 4999–521Google Scholar
- Palmer, A.C., Dynamic Programing and Structural Optimization, in R.H. Gallagher and O.C. Zienkiewicz, eds., Optimum Structural Design, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (1973) 179–200Google Scholar
- Murat, F., and Tartar, L., Optimality conditions and homogenization, in A. Marino, L. Modica, S. Spagnolo, and M. Degiovanni, eds., Nonlinear variational problems, Pitman Advanced Publishing Program, Boston, 1985,1–8Google Scholar
- Suzuki, K., and Kikuchi, N., Shape and topology optimization using the homogenization method, (in review) Comput. Mechs. Appl. Mech. Engrg. (1989)Google Scholar