On the Calculation of Mineral Reserves and Hillside Areas on Contour Maps
Our geographers, mineralogists and geologists have presented many practical methods for calculating mineral reserves and hillside areas which enable us to engage in further investigations. In the present paper the authors attempt to compare these methods, to interpret their mutual relations and implicit errors, and to present some suggestions.
KeywordsTangent Line Middle Section Mineral Reserve Trapezoid Formula Contour Distance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [I]V. I. Bauman, On the calculation of mineral reserves, Gornyi iurnal, December, 1908. ( Russian )Google Scholar
- I. N. Us’akov, Mineral reserve geometry, Coal Industry Publishing House, 1957. ( Chinese )Google Scholar
- P. A. Ryzov, Mineral body geometry, Geology Publishing House, 1957. ( Chinese )Google Scholar
- S. S. Izakson, The verification of calculation and the determination of calculation error of mineral reserves, Coal Industry Publishing House, 1958. ( Chinese )Google Scholar
- N. M. Volkov, Principles and methods of the measurement of a diagram,1950. (Chinese)Google Scholar
- Lu Shu-fen, “Problems of the calculation of ground surface area on a contour map,” Journal of Mensuration 4 (1960), no. 1. (Chinese)Google Scholar