Recent Advances in the Study of the Existence of Periodic Orbits of Hamiltonian Systems
In this paper we shall discuss some recent advances in the study of Hamiltonian systems. In view of other expositions in these Proceedings, we shall limit ourselves to considering the existence of periodic solutions on a prescribed energy surface.
KeywordsPeriodic Solution Periodic Orbit Hamiltonian System Minimal Period General Hamiltonian System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. Hopf, Ber Math-Phis. Sachs. Acad. Wiss. Leipzig, 94 (1942), 1–22.Google Scholar
- G. Mancini, Periodic solutions of Hamiltonian systems having prescribed minimal period. Article in these Proceedings.Google Scholar
- P.H. Rabinowitz, in Nonlinear Evolution Equations, M.G. Crandall Ed., Ac. Press (1978) 225–251.Google Scholar
- F. Clarke, Periodic solutions to Hamilonian inclusions, to appear J. Diff. Eq.Google Scholar
- V. Benci, A geometrical index for the group S’ and some appli-cations to the study of periodic solutions of ordinary differential equations, to appear Comm. Pure Appl. Math.Google Scholar
- A. Ambrosetti and G. Mancini, On a theorem by Ekeland and Lasry concerning the number of periodic Hamiltonian trajectories. To appear Jour. Diff. Eq.Google Scholar
- A. Ambrosetti, Atti Acc. Naz. Lincei, 52 (1972), 402–409.Google Scholar
- A. Ambrosetti and G. Mancini, in Recent Contributions to nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, H. Berestycki and H. Brézis (Ed.), Pitman (1981), 24–36.Google Scholar