Dissections into Equilateral Triangles
I am delighted to have the opportunity to contribute to this Collection honouring Martin Gardner. I once wrote a paper for his column in Scientific American, about dissections of rectangles into squares . Perhaps another article on dissections would be appropriate here.
KeywordsEquilateral Triangle Negative Pole Positive Pole Electrical Network Horizontal Segment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Berman, K. A. 1978. Spanning trees, arborescences and 4-valent graphs. Thesis. Waterloo.Google Scholar
- 3.Brooks, R. L. 1975. Leaky electricity and triangulated triangles. Philips Res. Reports 30: 205–219.Google Scholar
- 7.Tutte, W. T. 1961. Squaring the square. In The 2nd Scientific American Book of Mathematical Puzzles and Diversions, ed. Martin Gardner. New York: Simon and Schuster.Google Scholar
- 8.Tutte, W. T. 1973. Duality and trinity. Colloquia Mathematica Societatis Janos Bolyai. 10: 1459–1472.Google Scholar
- 9.Tutte, W. T. 1976. The rotor effect with generalized electrical flows. Ars Combinatoria 1: 3–31.Google Scholar