This chapter discusses hydraulic systems, their control systems, and some of the principles of tractor hitches.
KeywordsBulk Modulus Control Valve Hydraulic System Hydraulic Cylinder Steering System
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Clyde, A. W. Agr. Engr., Apr. 1949.Google Scholar
- Gray, R. B. Development of the Agricultural Tractor in the United States, Part II. American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, MI, 1954.Google Scholar
- Merritt, H. Hydraulic Control Systems. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1967.Google Scholar
- Wittren, R. A. “Power Steering for Agricultural Tractors.” ASAE Distinguished Lecture Series No. 1, presented at winter meeting of ASAE, Dec. 17, 1975.Google Scholar
- Blackburn, J., G. Reethof, and J. S. Shearer. Fluid Power Control. The M.I.T. Press, Cambridge, MA 1960.Google Scholar
- Clyde, A. W. “Pitfalls in Applying the Science of Mechanics to Tractors and Implements.” Agric. Engr., vol. 35, Feb. 1954, pp. 79–83.Google Scholar
- Deere & Co. Hydraulics, Fundamentals of Service, 3d ed. John Deere Service Publications, Moline, IL.Google Scholar
- Di Stefano, J. J. et al. Feedback and Control Systems. Schaum Publishing Co., New York, 1967.Google Scholar
- Ernst, W. Oil Hydraulic Power and Its Industrial Applications, 2d ed. McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, 1960.Google Scholar
- Fundamental Hydraulics-Components and Circuitry. The Penton Publishing Co., Cleveland, 1971.Google Scholar
- Henke, Ross. “Understanding Hydraulic Servosystems.” Machine Design, Apr. 20, 1972 to May 18, 1972 (in 3 parts).Google Scholar
- Herzan, Gene. “Quick Action Couplings: The Tractor to Implement Hydraulic Interface.” ASAE Distinguished Lecture Series, no. 8, Dec. 14, 1982. American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, MI.Google Scholar
- Martin, H., and T. Keating. “Calculating Hydraulic Servo Frequency Response.” Hydraulics & Pneumatics, July 1974.Google Scholar
- McCloy, D., and H. R. Martin. The Control of Fluid Power. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- Morling, Roy W. “Agricultural Tractor Hitches and Analysis of Design Requirements.” ASAE Distinguished Lecture Series, no. 5, Dec. 12, 1979. American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, MI. “Reducing the Operating Noise of Industrial Hydraulic Systems.” Parker Hannifin, Cleveland, Article Preprint PC-1, Oct. 1972.Google Scholar
- Stecki, J. S., and Peter Dranfield. “Finding and Fixing Hydraulic Noise Sources.” Machine Design, no. 13, 1975.Google Scholar
- Vennard, John K., and Robert T. Street. Elementary Fluid Mechanics, 5th ed., SI Version. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1975.Google Scholar
- Wittren, R. “Techniques for Reducing Hydraulic System Overheating.” Machine Design, July 1962.Google Scholar
© Van Nostrand Reinhold 1989