Deposition of Material, Gluing and Sealing
Industrial robots can be used to spray or deposit a wide variety of materials, ranging glues to enamel for bath tubs (Figure 1) to the spraying of varnish on wood furniture. These applications are similar to the spray painting applications discussed in the previous chapter.
KeywordsIndustrial Robot Rotary Table Automotive Body Sealant Application Wood Furniture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.“Gluing,” Pamphlet YB-11-107-E, ASEA, Inc., New Berlin, WI.Google Scholar
- 2.Pilarski, Richard J., “Robotic Adhesive Dispensing for Bonding and Sealing,” Robotics Today, October 1984, pp 35–37.Google Scholar
- 3.Schreiber, Rita E., “Applying Sealant With Robots At Pontiac,” Robotics Today, October 1984, pp 42–43.Google Scholar
- 4.Huang, Bernard and Ruddle, James L., “Requirements of Sealant Application Robots,” Proceedings of ROBOTS 8, pp 7-1–7-7.Google Scholar
- 5.Mentink, John, “Plasma Spraying Robots Coat Turbine Blades,” Robotics World, October 1983, pp 28–31.Google Scholar