Prefabricated Concrete Systems
The beginning of prefabricated concrete systems goes back to the 1930s, but their real development actually began after the Second World War with the growing use of cranes at building sites. The technical progress offered by the new building methods, operating with large size precast elements, was enormous and so, too, was the interest of European countries faced with a postwar housing shortage. The architectural ideas expressed in the Charter of Athens also contributed to the fascination.
KeywordsSandwich Panel Tall Building Progressive Collapse Wall Panel Coupling Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Comite Euro-International du Beton, 1985a CEB MODEL CODE FOR SEISMIC DESIGN OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES, CEB Bulletin No. 165.Google Scholar
- Comite Euro-International du Beton, 1985b CEB DRAFT GUIDE FOR THE DESIGN OF PRECAST WALL CONNECTIONS, CEB Bulletin No. 169.Google Scholar
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, 1978 STRUCTURAL DESIGN OF TALL CONCRETE AND MASONRY BUILDINGS, Monograph on Planning and Design of Tall Buildings, Volume CB, ASCE, New York.Google Scholar
- Lewicki, B., 1966 BUILDING WITH LARGE PREFABRICATES, Elsevier Publishing Company, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Lewicki, B. and coll., 1982 PROGETTAZIONE Di EDIFICI MULTIPIANO INDUSTRIALIZZATI, ITEC editrice, Milano.Google Scholar
- Lewicki, B., Cholewicki, A., and Makulski, W., 1983 LARGE-PANEL BUILDING: BEHAVIOUR IN PARTIAL DAMAGE, Building Research & Practice, July/August.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Housing and Local Government, 1968 REPORT OF THE INQUIRY INTO THE COLLAPSE AT RONAN POINT, London.Google Scholar
- NBS, 1978 TENTATIVE PROVISIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SEISMIC REGULATIONS FOR BUILDING, NBS Special Publication 510, June, National Bureau of Standards.Google Scholar
- Tassios, T. R and Tsoukoutas, S. G., 1983 BEHAVIOR OF LARGE PANEL CONNECTIONS, Building Research & Practice, July/August.Google Scholar
- WSN 321–75, 1976 RECOMMENDATIONS FOR DESIGN OF LARGE PANEL BUILDINGS-IN RUSSIA (Instrukciya po proyektirovaniyu panielych zdanly), Moscow.Google Scholar