Innovations in High-Rise Construction
Innovation in construction is achieved by challenge. I’ve therefore structured this paper to describe Olympia and York’s approach to innovation and flexibility in high-rise construction, then move on to a general assessment and conclude with what I think will happen in the future. But first I would like to give a brief picture of Olympia & York and how we approach high-rise construction.
KeywordsHigh Tech Construction System World Financial Elevator System High Tech Equipment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anderson, S. D. and Woodhead, R. W., 1980 PROJECT MANPOWER MANAGEMENT: MANAGEMENT PROCESSES IN CONSTRUCTION PRACTICE, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, NY.Google Scholar
- Barrie, D. S., ed., 1981 DIRECTIONS IN MANAGING CONSTRUCTION: A CRITICAL LOOK AT PRESENT AND FUTURE INDUSTRIAL PRACTICES, PROBLEMS AND POLICIES, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, NY.Google Scholar
- Frein, J. R., ed., 1980 HANDBOOK OF CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION, second edition, Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- Godfrey, R. S., 1982 BUILDING SYSTEMS COST GUIDE, second edition, Robert S. Means Company, Inc., Kingston, MA.Google Scholar
- Goldberger, R., 1985 THE PROSPECT OF BIGGER TOWERS CAST A SHADOW, New York Times, December 29.Google Scholar
- Good, K. O. and Carolina, J., 1980 CONSTRUCTION FOR PROFIT, Reston Publishing Company, Reston, Virginia.Google Scholar
- Halpin, D. W. and Woodhead, R. W., 1980 CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, NY.Google Scholar
- McGraw-Hill Information Systems Company, 1986 DODGE BUILDING COST CALCULATOR AND VALUATION GUIDE, Quarterly, McGraw-Hill Information Systems Company, New York, NY.Google Scholar
- Newell, J. E., 1979 BUILDER’S GUIDE TO CONSTRUCTION FINANCING, Craftsman Book Company, Solana Beach, CA.Google Scholar
- R. S. Means Company, Inc., 1986 BUILDING CONSTRUCTION COST DATA (Annual), R. S. Means Company, Inc., Kingston, MA.Google Scholar
- Royer, K., 1981 THE CONSTRUCTION MANAGER IN THE 80s, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ.Google Scholar
- Tucker, J. B., 1985 SKYSCRAPERS: AIMING FOR 200 STORIES, High Technology, January.Google Scholar