Space-VLBI: A New Technique for Unification of Reference Frames
In the next decade — the 90-es — dedicated radio telescopes will be launched into Earth orbit and will be integrated in the ground based Very Long Baseline Interferometry (VLBI) networks. Space-VLBI an emerging new observational technique will be with us.
KeywordsRadio Source Very Long Baseline Interferometry Orbit Determination Terrestrial Reference Frame Extragalactic Radio Source
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adám J. (1988): A possible application of the space-VLBI observations for establishment of a new connection of reference frames. International Summer School of Theoretical Geodesy, Assisi, Italy, May 23-June 3.Google Scholar
- Boucher, C. and Altamimi, Z. (1987): Intercomparison of VLBI, LLR, SLR, and GPS Derived Baselines on a Global Basis, IGN No. 27.450, FranceGoogle Scholar
- Dickey, J.O. et al. (1985): Reference Frame Studies at JPL/CALTECH. Paper presented at the XIX. IAU General Assembly, New/Delhi, India, November 20. (JPL Geodesy and Geophysics Preprint No. 147.)Google Scholar
- Fejes I., Borza T., Mihály Sz., Szánthó L. (1989): Orbit determination accuracy improvement by space-VLBI observables as tracking data. Paper presented at the IAG Symp 101. Global and Regional Geodynamics. Edinburgh, Scotland, August 3.Google Scholar
- Kardashev, N.S., Slysh, V.I. (1988): The Radioastron Project, in The Impact of VLBI on Astrophysics and Geophysics. MJ.Reid and J.M.Moran. Kluwer Academic Publishers, p. 433.Google Scholar
- Konopliv, A. (1989): Preliminary Orbit Determination with DSN Tracking. Paper presented at the 8th RADIOASTRON Review Meeting, Green Bank, WVa. USA, May 1–5.Google Scholar
- Kovalevsky, I., Mueller, I.I. (1981): Comments on Conventional Terrestrial and Quasi — Inertial Reference Systems. Proceedings of the LAU Colloquium 56 on “Reference Coordinate Systems for Earth Dynamics”, Sept. 8–12, 1980, Warsaw, Poland, D.Reidel, E.M.Gaposchkin and B. Kolaczek (eds.), pp. 375–384.Google Scholar
- Levy et al. (1985): Very Long Baseline Interferometric Observations Made with an Orbiting Radio Telescope. Science, 224. 187.Google Scholar
- Morimoto, M., Hirabayashi, H., Inoue, M., Nishimura, T. (1989): VSOP — Japan’s Space VLBI Program. NRO report 183.Google Scholar
- Moritz, H., Mueller, I.I. (1987): Earth Rotation: Theory and Observation. The Ungar Publishing Company, New York.Google Scholar
- Mueller, I.I. (1988): Reference Coordinate Systems: an Update. Lecture Notes for the International Summer School of Theoretical Geodesy on “Theory of Satellite Geodesy and Gravity Field Determination”, Assisi, Italy, May 23-June 3.Google Scholar
- Wilkins, G.A., Mueller, I.I. (1986): On the Rotation of the Earth and the Terrestrial Reference System: Joint Summary Report of the IAU/IUGG Working Groups MERIT and COTES. Bull. Geod., 6Q, 85.Google Scholar