The Optimum Conventional Terrestrial System Determined by VLBI and SLR Stations
The number and distribution of stations defining the optimum CTS with accuracy of the order of 1 cm or better are still open question (Boucher et al., 1984, 1988, 1989, Mueller et al., 1982, Paquet et al. 1988). This problem is investigated in this paper.
The optimum CTS’s consisting of different number of VLBI and SLR stations have been chosen from IRIS nets, GSFC88R01 and GSFC88L01 sets of stations according to the criterion of the minimum values of the matrix traces of inverse matrices of normal equations computed from observational equations (1). The number of 10–15 well distributed stations seems to be the sufficient number of stations defining the optimum CTS on the level of accuracy of 1 cm. IRIS nets are compared with other optimum CTS’s.
KeywordsStation Weight Earth Rotation Transformation Parameter Optimum Distribution Terrestrial System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BIH, 1986–1989, BIH Annual Reports for 1985, 1986, 1987.Google Scholar
- Boucher C., Feissel M., 1984, Realization of the BIH Terrestrial System, Proc of the Intern. Symp. on Space Techniques for Geodynamics., Somogyi Reigber (eds.) Res. Inst, of Hungarian Acad, of Sei. (Sopron, Hungary)., Vol. IGoogle Scholar
- Boucher C., Altamani Z., 1988, Complement of analysis of BIH Terrestrial System for 1987., BIH Annual Report for 1987., Paris, France.Google Scholar
- Boucher C., Altamani Z., 1989, The initial IERS Terrestrial Reference Frame, IERS Technical Note 1. Paris, France.Google Scholar
- Carter W.E., Robertson D.S., Nothnagela. and Campbell J. 1988., IRIS-S: Extending Geodetic Very Long Baseline Interferometry Observations to Southern Hemisphere., JGR, Vol. 93, No. B12.Google Scholar
- Manabe S., Yokoyama K., Hara T., Sato K., Sasao T. Fujishita M., Horiai K., Kuji S., Iwadate K., Sato K-H. and Asari K., 1988, Earth Rotation Parameters Derived From VLBIIRIS-P Network., Report presented at the X X IAU General Assembly, Baltimore USA.Google Scholar
- Mueller I.I., Zhu S., Bock Y., 1982., Reference Frames Requirements and the MERIT Campaign, Report of the Department of Geodetic Science and Surveying of the Ohio State University, Columbus, USA. No. 329.Google Scholar
- Paquet P. Louis L., 1988., Recovering Earth Parameters with GPS., GPS Techniques Applied to Geodesy and Surveying., Gotten E. (eds.)., Springer Verlag, Berlin, New York.Google Scholar