Self-Organizing Methods in Modelling and Clustering: GMDH Type Algorithms
The complete bibliography, which provides a comprehensive list of articles and books on the theory and application of the Group Method of Data Handling (GMDH) algorithm from 1970 to 1982, was published in the book . In this book three types of algorithms were described: the original GMDH algorithm (by Stanley J. Farlow), algorithm of adaptive learning networks related to GMDH (by Roger Barron, A.N. Mucciardi, F.G. Cook, Y.N. Croing and Andrew R. Barron) and modified GMDH algorithm (by Y. Sawaragi, Y.S. Ikeda and others). These three types of algorithms for modelling by sifting many models-candidates according to external criteria, as it appears, were applied to solution of many practical problems successfully. It was shown by papers published in the considered book  and in the many other papers .
KeywordsExternal Criterion Complete Bibliography Short Time Prediction Model Structure Identification Type Criterion Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Eikhoff P. Evaluation of Parameters an Structural Identification (Survey). Avtomatika (1987) 6, 6–15Google Scholar
- Ivakhnenko A.G. Generalisation of the Dialogue Language as a Means to Decrease the Degree of Man Participation in Solving Problems of System Analysis, Prediction and Control. Avtomatika (1983)5, 3–11Google Scholar
- Ivakhnenko A.G., Karpinsky A.M. Computer-Aided Self-Organisation of Models in Terms of the General Communication Theory (Information Theory). Avtomatika (1982)4, 7–15Google Scholar
- Ivakhnenko A.G., Kostenko Yu.V. System Analysis and Long-term Prediction on the Basis of Model Self-organisation (OSA algorithm). Avtomatika (1982)3, 11–19; (1983) 3, 3-11Google Scholar
- Ivakhnenko A.G., Kritsky A.P. Restoration of a Signal (or Physical Model) by Experimentation of the Geometrical Locus of Criterion Minimum. Avtomatika (1986)3, 27–35Google Scholar
- Ivakhnenko A.G., Stepashko V.S. Noise Immunity of Modelling. Nauka Dumka, Kiev 1985Google Scholar
- Ivakhnenko A.G., Luh J., Semina L.P., Ivakhnenko G.A. Objective Computer Clusterisation. Part 2. Avtomatika (1987)1, 1–16Google Scholar
- Ivakhnenko A.G., Yurachkovsky Yu.P. Complex System Modelling by Experimental Data. Radio i Swias, Moscow 1987Google Scholar
- Ivakhnenko A.G., Yurachkovsky Yu.P. On Sampling in a Set of Output Variables and GMDH Application for Passive and Active Experiment. Avtomatika (1988)1, 92–94Google Scholar
- Mueller J.A., Ivakhnenko A.G. Selbstorganisation von Vorhersagemodellen. VEB Verlag Technik, Berlin 1984Google Scholar
- Farlow S.J. (ed.) Self-organising Methods in Modelling GMDH Type Algorithms. University of Main, USA, 1983Google Scholar
- Yurachkovsky Yu.P. Analytical Division of Optimal Quadratic Discriminating Criteria. Avtomatika (1988) 1, 3–11Google Scholar