A Language to Describe and to Simulate Digital Systems
On basis of mixed-level simulator KOSIM /3/, /5/ a software is represented to allow a description and simulation from network with logical elements and designer defined functional units. The used description language abbreviated HB consists of a structural part for describing network of elements and units and of a functional part for describing functions of used elements and units. The network description makes use of NBS84 language /4/ and the KOSIM input language. Both were extended by BOOLEAN equations that by means of precompiler are transformed in the format of convential NBS84 or KOSIM input language as the description dimension of BOOLEAN equations is smaller than the description of the above convential net description.
KeywordsBoolean Equation State Declaration Designer View Counter Automaton Asynchronous Automaton
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.Barbacci, M. R.; Siewioreck, D. P.: “The design and analysis of instruction set processes” McGraw Hill, 1982Google Scholar
- /3/.Donath, U.; Schwarz, P.; Trappe, P.: “Dynamische Logiksimulation auf Bit-und Wortniveau” 19. Fachkolloquium Informationstechnik Dresden 1986Google Scholar
- /4/.Issel, W. et al.: “NBS-84: A structural description language for VLSI design”, Circuit theory and design 85, Proceedings of the 1985 European Conference, p. 62–5Google Scholar
- /5/.Schwarz, P.: “A program for the mixed-level simulation of digital integrated circuits” Proc. ECCTD’85, Prag 1985, p. 133–136Google Scholar
- /6/.Siewioreck, DP. et al.: “Proposal for resaerch on DEMETER — a design methodology and environment” Research Report No. CMUCAD-P3-5, Jan. 1983, CMUGoogle Scholar