Atlas of Atomic Fluorescence Spectral Lines
The inclusion of this section was also felt necessary for the sake of completeness. Atomic fluorescence spectroscopy is the youngest of the flame spectroscopic techniques. It originated in 1964 in Dr. Winefordner’s group at the University of Florida. Therefore, relatively little time has been permitted for the complete investigation of very many elements. In fact, this compilation gives more information as to the effects of various flame types on the most sensitive lines for many of the elements rather than a study of the relative intensities of the various lines within the element. A few elements, however, have been studied surprisingly well in terms of the various fluorescing lines. This atlas points to the vast amount of research there is to be done in the area of atomic fluorescence spectroscopy.
KeywordsRelative Intensity Atomic Fluorescence Spectroscopy Sensitive Line Source Detection Fluoresce Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Hell and S. Ricchio, Talk given at the Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, Cleveland, Ohio 1970. (Paper No. 23).Google Scholar
- 11.C. Veillon, J. M. Mansfield, M. L. Parsons, and J. D. Winefordner, Anal. Chem., 204 (1966).Google Scholar
- 15.D. W. Ellis and D. R. Demers, “Atomic Fluorescence Flame Spectrometry,” in Trace Inorganics in Water, R. A. Bellar, ed., Advances in Chemistry Series, No. 73, Washington, D. C., 1968.Google Scholar
- 16.S.J. Pearce, L. deGalan, and J. D. Winefordner, Spectrochim. Acta, 23B, 793 (1968).Google Scholar
- 22.J. M. Mansfield, M. P. Bratzel, H. O. Norgardon, D. N. Knapp, K. E. Zacha, and J. D. Winefordner, Spectrochim. Acta, 23B, 389 (1968).Google Scholar
- 23.D. L. Manning and P. Heneage, At. Abs. Newsletter, 6, 124 (1967).Google Scholar
- 24.R. Smith, C.M. Stafford, and J. D. Winefordner, Can. Spectr., 14, 2 (1969).Google Scholar
- 25.N. Omenetto and G. Rossi, Spectrochim. Acta, 24B, 95 (1969).Google Scholar
- 32.D. L. Manning and P. Heneage, At. Abs. Newsletter, 7, 80 (1968).Google Scholar