Ha-ras-1 Transfected Cells: Induction to Differentiation by Natural and Synthetic Retinoids
The in vitro activity of natural retinoids (retinoic acid and retinol) and new classes of synthetic analogues of retinoids on differentiation of chinese hamster fibroblasts transfected with either the normal (FH06N1–1) or the activated (FH06T1–1) Ha-ras-1 oncogene is reported. The most active synthetic retinoids were found to induce adipogenic conversion of both FH06N1–1 and FH06T1–1 cell lines in a range comprised between 10 to 50 μM, concentrations that are 2 to 10 times lower than those required in the case of natural retinoids.
KeywordsRetinoic Acid Synthetic Retinoid Promyelocytic Leukemia Cell Line Human Promyelocytic Leukemia Cell Line Chinese Hamster Fibroblast
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.M.B. Sporn, A.B. Roberts and D.S. Goodman, “The retinoids,” Vol 2, Academic Press, New York (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.J.S. Bertran, Structure-activity relationships among various retinoids and their ability to inhibit neoplastic transformation and to increase cell adhesion in the C3H/10T1/2CL8 cell line, Cancer Res 40:3141 (1980).Google Scholar
- 12.D. Simoni, S. Manfredini, M.Aghazade Tabrizi, R. Bazzanini, M. Guarneri, R. Ferroni, F. Traniello, C.Nastruzzi, G. Feriotto and R.Gambari, New isoxazole derivatives of retinoids: synthesis and activity on growth and differentiation of tumor cells, Drug Design and Delivery in press.Google Scholar
- 15.C. Nastruzzi, R. Barbieri, R. Ferroni, M. Guarneri, D. Spandidos, D. R. Gambari, Tetra-amidines exhibiting anti-proteinase activity: effects on oriented migration and in vitro invasiveness of a chinese hamster cell line transfected with tha activated human T24-Ha-ras-l oncogene, Cancer Letters 50:93 (1990).PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.C. Nastruzzi, G. Feriotto, D. Spandidos, D. Anzanel, R. Ferroni, M. Guarneri, R. Barbieri and R. Gambari, Effects of benzamidine derivatives on Ha-ras-1 mRNA accumulation in a Chinese hamster cell line transformed with the activated human T24 Ha-ras-1 oncogene, Anticancer Res 8:269 (1988).PubMedGoogle Scholar