Significance and Relevance of NAD Synthesis in Human Erythrocyte Life Span
NAD and NADP are known to play a key role in the general metabolism of human erythrocytes, owing to their involvement in all oxidative-reductive reactions occuring both in the energetic catabolism and in the processes preventing the cells from oxidative damage.
KeywordsIntact Cell Human Erythrocyte Pyridine Nucleotide Crude Lysate Discontinuous Density Gradient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Preiss, P. Handler, Biosynthesis of DPN. I. Identification of intermediates, J. Biol. Chem. 233:759 (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.V. Micheli S. Sestini, M. Rocchigiani, M. Pescaglini, C. Ricci, Nucleotide synthesis in the human erythrocyte: correlation between purines and pyridines, Biomed. Biochim. Acta 46:268 (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Sestini, P. Lusini, V. Micheli, M. L. Ceccuzzi, C. Ricci, Evidence for NMN adenylyltransferase in human erythrocytes. Preliminary observations, Ital. J. Biochem. 37:63A (1988).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Rocchigiani, H. A. Simmonds, M. Bari, C. Ricci, NAmPRT assay in human red blood cells, Atti 35° Congresso Nazionale S.I.B., 1990.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Pescaglini, M. Rocchigiani, S. Sestini, V. Micheli, C. Ricci, Sintesi di NAD da Nicotinamide nei globuli rossi umani, Atti Accad. Fisiocritici Siena XV-Tomo VII:255 (1989).Google Scholar
- 11.V. Micheli, C. Ricci, A. Taddeo, R. Gili, Centrifugal fractionation of human erythrocytes according to age: comparison between Ficoll and Percoll density gradients, Quad. Sclavo Diagn. 22:236 (1985).Google Scholar
- 12.M. Rocchigiani, M. Pescaglini, S. Sestini, V. Micheli, C. Ricci, Nicotinic acid and Nicotinamide uptake by human erythrocytes, Ital. J. Biochem.38:159 (1989).Google Scholar
- 13.M. Rocchigiani, M. Bari, V. Micheli, M. Pescaglini, S. Sestini, Pyridine and purine nucleotide metabolism in human erythrocytes: HPLC determination of the intermediates, Ann. Nutr. Metab. 33:225 (1989).Google Scholar
- 14.C. Ricci, S. Sestini, V. Micheli, Role of NMN adenylyltransferase in the regulation of NAD metabolism of human erythrocytes, “Macromolecules in the functioning cell”, Proceedings of the 6th Soviet-Italian Symposium (Kiev, 1988), in press.Google Scholar
- 15.E. Beutler, “Red Cell metabolism. A manual of biochemical methods” eds. Grune & Stratton (1975).Google Scholar
- 17.V. Micheli, S. Sestini, P. Lusini, M. L. Ceccuzzi, C. Ricci, Reflections on the relevance of pyridine nucleotide synthesis in human circulating erythrocytes. “Macromolecules in the functioning cell” Proceedings of the 5th Soviet-Italian Symposium (Roma, 1988).Google Scholar