Some Properties of CVD-Diamond Semiconducting Structures
Semiconducting diamond structures — models of solid state electronic devices — were made by means of chemical crystallization of diamond films from the gaseous phases1. Doping by boron and phosphorus during growth made it possible to obtain homoepitaxial diamond films of p-and n-type conductivity2. The simplest device of this type is a thermistor. There are diamond thermistors, made of synthetic crystals doped by boron, obtained by the method of superhigh pressures. Diamond thermistors appear to be a good starting device owing to their ability to operate over a wide temperature range, high thermal stability and low inertia due to high thermal conductivity.
KeywordsDiamond Film Reverse Current Dielectric Film Asymmetry Coefficient Chemical Transport reactionS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.V. Deriaguin, B. V. Spitsyn, L. L. Bouilov, A. E. Alexenko, and A. A. Botev, “Synthesis and some properties of films and crystals of gas-phase diamond”, in: Sverkhtverdve mezhdunarodnogo seminara, N. V. Novikov, ed., Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.B. V. Spitsyn, and A. E. Alexenko, “Physico-chemical laws of diamond doping from the gas phase”, ArQhivum Nauki o Matedlaakh, 7: 201 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.L. L. Bouilov, A. E. Alexenko, A. A. Botev, and B. V. Spitsyn, “Some laws of the growth of diamond layers from the activated gas phase”, Dokl. AN SSSR, 287: 888 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.V. S. Vavilov, M. A. Gukasyan M. A., M. I. Guseva et al., “Electron-hole transition in diamond, obtained by boron and phosphorus ion implantation”, Dokl. AN SSSR, 200: 821 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.V. S. Vavilov, M. A. Gukasyan, E. A. Konorova, and Yu. V. Milyutin, “Ion implantation of stibium into diamond”, FIzika i tekhnika poluprovodnikov, 6: 2384 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. M. Rotner, S. M. Rotner, V. A. Presnov et al. “The study of electric characteristics of p-n diodes in synthetic semiconducting diamonds”, in: Sverkhtverc3ye materials: sintez. svoistva. primenenie. Dokladv mezhdunarodnogo seminars, N. V. Novikov, ed., Naukova Dumka, Kiev, (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.M. I. Guseva, E.A. Konorova, Yu. A. Kuznetsov, and V. F. Sergienko, “Double injection of a charge carrier in the p-i-n structure on the basis of ion-implanted diamond”, Fizika i tekhnika poluprovodnikov, 12: 505 (1978).Google Scholar