Time Evolution of Random Cellular Patterns
A short review is presented of some recent works on a class of models called the vertex models, which is designed for efficient large scale computer simulations of time evolution of cellular patterns. Some new results on a refined version of the model and on elastic and plastic properties of incompressible two-dimensional cellular pattern are also reported.
KeywordsEdge Length Correction Function Regular Polygon Normal Stress Difference Central Vertex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. J. Geller, in “Dark Matter in the Universe”, H. Sato and H. Kodama (eds.) Springer, Heidelberg, 1990Google Scholar
- 8.K. Kawasaki, T. Nagai and K. Nakashima, in “Cooperative Dynamics in Complex Physical Systems”, ed. H. Takayama, Springer 1989Google Scholar
- 8a.K. Kawasaki, T. Nagai and S. Ohta, in “Proceedings of Symposium on Simulation and Theory of Evolving Microstructures and Textures”, eds. M. P. Anderson and A. Rollett, 1990, in pressGoogle Scholar
- 9.T. Nagai, S. Ohta, K. Kawasaki and T. Okuzono, Phase transitions (1990)Google Scholar
- 10.C. J. Simpson, C. J. Beingessner and W. C. Winegard, Trans. Metall. Soc. AIME 239 (1967) 587Google Scholar
- 12.D. Weaire and J. P. Kermode, Phil. Mag. B50 (1984) 379Google Scholar
- 12b.D. Weaire, Paper presented at Food Science Conference (1988)Google Scholar
- 15.M. P. Anderson, G. S. Grest and D. J. Srolovitz, Phil. Mag. B59 (1989) 293 and earlier reference quoted therinGoogle Scholar