Characterization of the Biological Activity of IGF I Analogs with Reduced Affinity for IGF Receptors and Binding Proteins
We have prepared a series of IGF I analogs in order to determine the structural requirements for binding to the types 1 and 2 IGF receptors and to IGF binding proteins (1-5). These analogs were designed by substituting regions of IGF I with analogous regions of insulin, by deleting or replacing regions of IGF I that are absent in insulin, or by replacing specific residues of IGF I. The binding data for these analogs is summarized in Table 1.
KeywordsBiological Potency Placental Membrane Normal Affinity Disuccinimidyl Suberate Dohme Research Laboratory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bayne, M.L., Applebaum, J., Underwood, D., Chicchi, G.G., Green, B.G., Hayes, N.S. and Cascieri, M.A. (1989) J. Bio l. Chem., 264, 11004–11008.Google Scholar
- 3.Bayne, M.L., Applebaum, J., Chicchi, G.G., Miller, R.E. and Cascieri, M.A. (1990) J. Bio l . Chem., 265, 15648–15652.Google Scholar
- 4.Bayne, M.L., Applebaum, J., Chicchi, G.G., Hayes, N.S., Green, B.G. and Cascieri, M.A. (1988) J. Bio l . Chem., 263, 6233–6239.Google Scholar
- 5.Cascieri, M.A., Chicchi, G.G., Applebaum, J., Green, B.G., Hayes, N.S. and Bayne, M.L. (1989) J. Bio l . Chem., 264, 2199–2202.Google Scholar
- 14.Tollefsen, S.E., Heath-Monnig, E., Cascieri, M.A., Bayne, M.L. and Daughaday, W.H. (1990) J. Clin. Invest., in press.Google Scholar
- 18.Booth, B.A., Bar, R.S., Boes, M., Dake, B.L., Bayne, M. and Cascieri, M. A. (1990) Endocrinology, in press.Google Scholar