Ethanol-Induced Phosphorylation of Cytokeratins in Primary Cultured Hepatocytes
Phosphorylation of specific proteins by protein kinase A (PKA) or protein kinase C (PKC) may play a role in the regulation of assembly and disassembly and stability of intermediate filaments including intermediate filaments composed of cytokeratins (CKs). Initiation of the phosphorylation is through signal transduction by agonist receptor G protein activation of a catalyst such as cyclic AMP or phospholipase C which activate PKA or PKC, respectively.
KeywordsIntermediate Filament Phorbol Ester Fibronectin Coated Dish Epithelial Amnion Cell Cytokeratin Protein
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gard, D.L., and Lazarides, E., 1982, Cyclic AMP-modulated phosphorylation of intermediate filament proteins in cultured avian myogenic cells, Mol. Cell. Biol. 2: 1104–1114.Google Scholar
- Hoek, J.B., Rubin, R., and Thomas, A.P., 1988, Ethanol-induced phospholipase C activation is inhibited by phorbol esters in isolated hepatocytes, Biochem. J. 251: 865–871.Google Scholar
- Hoek, J.B., Armstrong, J.J., and Crovello, M.T., 1988, Feedback control of ethanol-induced phospholipase C activation in rat hepatocytes, in: Biomedical and Social Aspects of Alcohol and Alcoholism, K. Kuriyama, A. Takada, and H. Ishii, eds., Elsevier Sci. Publ., pp. 651–655.Google Scholar
- Nathanson, M.H., Gautam, A., and Boyer, J.L., 1990, Effects of vasopressin (VP) and phorbol dibutyrate (PDB) on bile secretion in isolated rat hepatocyte couplets (IRHC), Gastroenterology 98: A615.Google Scholar
- Seglen, P.O., 1976, Preparation of isolated rat liver cells, Methods Cell. Biol. 13: 2983.Google Scholar
- Traub, P., Pagens, V., Kuhn, S., and Perides, G., 1987, Function of intermediate filaments. A novel hypothesis, in: Zortschrite der Zoologie Brand 34. WohfarthBottermann (Hrsg.): Nature and Function of Cytoskeletal Proteins in Motility and Transport, Gautav-Fisher Verlag, Stuttgart, pp. 275–287.Google Scholar